background

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Farmer's Market Finds

We are fortunate enough to have a Farmer's market in our downtown district twice a month during the summer months.  Today was the last one for the season!  Needless to say, we couldn't miss it.  We loaded everyone up in my tiny Saturn (including my wildabeast named Sadie!), and off we went to see what we could see.  It was a chilly morning, with temps hovering around 50, but that didn't put a damper on my enthusiasm.  I really enjoy Farmer's markets!  There is an incredible number of vendors, limitless (locally grown!) produce to peruse through, flowers, music, zany entertainment, you name it.  There is a lot of ground to cover!  My browsing this trip was somewhat limited by the reach of Sadie's leash, but I still managed to find a few things to bring home.  Our first stop was at my favorite coffee shop's booth.  I have been looking forward to that cup of coffee all week!  The husband found a booth that sold breakfast burritos, and he was set.  I am a sucker for anything that blooms, and there is one local farm that always manages to pull off the most captivating displays of all things floral.  Of course, I had to stop there.
I also found a booth with all sorts of trinkety things for little girls.  Check out their beautiful handcrafted goodies here.  Since my sweet Olivia now has enough of a little tuft on top of her head to clip things in, I couldn't resist the temptation to snag a few things for her as well.  Here are a few of my finds:


This last one I particularly loved.  It will look so sweet with some of her sweaters!  All in all, it was a perfectly successful morning, and a certainly a fabulous way to welcome Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment