background

Friday, June 1, 2012

Through The Bible In 90 Days

For my birthday this year, I received a brand new, shiny Bible.  It's an ESV Study Bible, and there is just so much in there!  I have been enjoying it immensely.  Every year for the past couple of years, my Dad has done a challenge where he reads through the bible cover to cover, in 90 days.  I have participated once, and let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart!

However, I have learned so much more about the big picture of my salvation, and how the entire Bible points to Jesus Christ.  I'm not kidding - we're talking Genesis, and I'm seeing Jesus.  It is an amazing experience!  My Dad is out of school for the summer, and has challenged me to participate as he plunges ahead through yet another "90 Days" read.  I excitedly agreed, and he has already started the challenge.  When I called home today, he jokingly asked how the "Bible in 180 Days" was going for me.  ;)  He knows me well.  Needless to say, summer is a busy season for our family, and we travel often.  Still, I plan to begin my challenge this Sunday, and stay as close to the "90 days" schedule as I can.

This is such an enriching, deepening of faith for me.  The last time I participated, it was right before the birth of my daughter.  I am so thankful for the time of building up God used in my faith!  I would invite you to join me, and share what you're learning along the way.  I need visual reminders, so I use a bookmark with the schedule printed on it.  You can get more information about the 90 day challenge here.  I'm hoping to post updates at 30, and 60 days.  I am praying for a humble heart to learn, grace when I fall short, and endurance to press on to the finish.  Can't wait to get started!  Here's to the journey.

Grace and Peace,
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment