background

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Two Years Old!

My sweet little baby girl has just celebrated turning two years old!  If you ask her how old she is, she'll now reply with "One!  Two years old!"  :)  It's just too sweet.

We celebrated sort of spread out this time, as we were fortunate enough to have my in-laws in town the weekend before her birthday.  This year we had a "rainbow" themed birthday for her, largely thanks to Mommy's Pinterest addiction.  *ahem*  Olivia does, however, love "bainbows."


 I found this amazing recipe for a rainbow cake, and it was so much fun to make (and eat!).


Seriously, what did we ever do before Pinterest??





 Aside from the massive amounts of food dye, this cake was super easy to make, and looked so festive when it was finished!  Olivia really enjoyed eating it, too.

She was VERY excited about blowing out the candles!
 Of course, the real test was how it tasted.  I think the Birthday Girl approved.  :)


I also had "rainbow" themed food for our spread, with rainbow fruit salad, rainbow pasta salad, and then we had Italian beef and chips - which thankfully were not rainbow colored!


Sorry for the plethora of pictures!  We decided to get Olivia a kitchen toy that converts into a regular table for her birthday.  She loved it!


We really had fun making this a special day for her - and then on her actual birthday, we took her bowling.  I wasn't sure how she'd react, but she LOVED it!  She would've bowled all night long if we'd let her!  I just can't believe my munchkin is such a big, grown-up girl now . . . it has gone by so quickly!  She's such a joy to us, and we're so blessed to have her as a part of our family.  <3


Happy 2nd Birthday, to my Sweet Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment