background

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Year of Firsts!

Well, it's about time I blog about my daughter's first birthday (it was only in March!).  Thanks to Pinterest, I had far more cutesie ideas than I could muster the time to complete, but still, I had so much fun planning a party for our family and a few close friends.


I wanted it to be special, but not over-the-top-best-first-birthday-in-the-neighborhood kind of a party.  I put out things that I thought reflected Olivia's character.  I also had pictures from her first year around the house for guests to see, and Olivia's baby books to look at.


Much as I would have loved to serve our guests homemade gourmet delicacies, I have a tendency to over-plan (I know, you can't believe it, can you?), and at the request of my husband, wise man that he is, we kept it simple with cupcakes, punch, and pizza for lunch.  The most gourmet that I got was purple cauliflower for the veggie tray (because how fun is that?).


Even though Olivia's birthday is mid-March, we had this weird streak of hot hot weather.  With guests in the house, the temps kept climbing, so we moved the party down into our family room area in the basement.  Much cooler!


Of course, the cupcakes were a hit!


Olivia enjoyed her first sugar rush.  :)


She's such a big girl now!



No comments:

Post a Comment