background

Sunday, July 15, 2012

90 Days . . . Update

So far, so good!  It's been 30 days, and I'm still on track!  I've been immensely enjoying this time, and I know it sounds cliché, but I really have been learning so many new things.  Reading through the history of civilization, from Adam to Noah, and then from the flood through Abraham . . . then on into Israel's birth as a nation, and right now I just finished reading through the line of kings.  It never ceases to amaze me the kinds of things God pre-ordained to happen in his selection of kings, their reigns, etc.

Aside from the more prominent kings, (David, Solomon, etc.), I am amazed by the stories of kings like Hezekiah, who had steadfast faith in the face of imminent death for not only himself, but his people as well.  Or kings like Josiah, who began his reign at eight years old . . . and then lead one of the most profound returns to their covenant faith in Israel's history.  It actually says he threw a Passover feast like none before him.  Not even King David, or King Solomon had ever honored the Passover this way!  So many incredible things that paint a picture of such an incredible God.

What kinds of things has God been teaching you through His word lately?  Do you employ a specific method of study?  Have there been any systems that you've had more success with than others?  I'd love to hear your feedback!  I'm always looking for new things to keep me accountable to reading regularly.  :) 

Looking forward to continuing this journey!

Grace and Peace,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment