background

Sunday, September 2, 2012

90 Days, or Not?

Well, Kids, my 90 days were up on September 1st (I guess I missed the 60 day update - whoops!), and I'm now in *drumroll please* Psalms!  Haha.  I really had expected to be further along by now (obviously) but for whatever reason, I kind of got hung up once I hit Nehemiah.  Go figure, right?  I read all the way through Leviticus and Numbers with dogged determination, and once I get to the part about the Israelites returning from exile, I kind of went kaput.

Still, once I got past the "they started re-building the wall until so and so made trouble and they stopped again" parts, I was okay.  Don't get me wrong, I still found in interesting, especially the ways that God changed the hearts of these foreign kings to not only allow the Israelites to return and begin re-building, but also to fund the project!  Can you imagine?

The story of Esther has always been one of my favorites (talk about a strong woman!!), so I breezed right through that book.  Her trust in the Lord in the face of extreme persecution (and the potential extermination of her people) is always so incredible to me.  Something she says near the end of the story when she's about to beg for her people's survival has always stuck with me:

“Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”  - Esther 4:16 (emphasis mine)

That's the kind of woman I want to be!

Job always makes me re-think my perspective of "fair".  If you could ever ask for a picture of a Sovereign God who loves us in the midst of allowing us to walk the hard road, Job is it.  I just love the dialogue between God and Job beginning in chapter 38.  Can you imagine God talking to you from inside a tornado??

I am looking forward to continuing on, if not at the pace of 90 days.  :)  Maybe Dad was right, and it will be more like 180.  haha

"Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love."  - 2 John 1:3

Here's to the journey!
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment